College Sex Talk

Real people real answers

Discussions

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Safer Sex Issues

To start off our conversations, I want to know how safe you feel on the UMaine campus? Do you feel like if anything happened you would know who to talk to?

I feel extremely safe on campus. I know if anything was to ever happen, I have friends, trusted professors and utilities like UMPD or places in the union that I can talk to someone.

I feel very safe on campus. I think UMaine does a great job of making people feel comfortable and advertising around campus people you can talk to if you feel unsafe. I have seen many posters in various places with people you can talk to.

I know that the RAs make themselves available in the dorms I lived in and that every syllabus I have ever read for a class has a paragraph about reaching out if I felt unsafe. I know that the counseling center is also a resource that can be used thanks to the posters they have in the bathrooms of every building I've been in.

I feel comfortable in Umaine there are many people you can reach out to help, and RA's always keep saying to reach out to them if something happens, and i think many students know who to go to help too.

I feel very safe at UMaine. In the bathrooms, there are sheets in the bathroom stalls giving phone numbers for resources to report incidences of assault. The Union has multiple offices for students to go to for any sort of help, especially the Student Wellness Center. As well as resources in the Union, there is the Counseling Center in Cutler Health Center, so there are always multiple places you can go to get help if you need it.

I feel safe and comfortable at UMaine. There are many resources for students if we need someone to talk to, for instance I know I could talk to certain professors or go to campus police if there was ever an issue.

I feel very safe on the University of Maine campus. If something were to happen and I needed help I know there are many resources in the union, UMaine PD, and the counseling center in Cutler.

I feel very comfortable and safe at UMaine. I remember when I live in the dorms there were posts on bulletins boards on every floor, saying where to find help or numbers to call; if anything was to happen. I feel as though UMaine does a great job of making first-year students feel comfortable.

Quote from jennalitif13 on February 12, 2020, 3:32 pm

I feel very safe on the University of Maine campus. If something were to happen and I needed help I know there are many resources in the union, UMaine PD, and the counseling center in Cutler.

I agree, the resources at the union are very helpful.

Follow us on social media: 

Check out my book:

Sex lives of college students book cover