College Sex Talk

Real people real answers

Discussions

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Legalizing Sex Work

After receiving more information on the Red Light District in the Netherlands, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on legalizing sex work in the United States. It is illegal across the nation except for in some parts of Nevada. Altogether as a country, we seem to have pretty negative attitudes towards sex work. I was wondering what your opinions were and reasons for those opinions. Personally, I am not very opinionated pertaining to this. I can see both sides and value both pro and con concerns regarding this. However, illegal sex work can be very dangerous, and I can't help but wonder if legalizing it with certain regulations would help lessen sex trafficking and other dangers because it is illegal.

I feel the same way. I can see the pros and cons of legalizing sex work, but I feel like people should be able to do what they want. I feel like if sex work were to be legalize sex trafficking would decrease since sex work would be more widely available if it were to be legalized. Legalizing sex work would probably lessen the problem, but there would still be some sex trafficking, but I think it would decrease overall.

Follow us on social media: 

Check out my book:

Sex lives of college students book cover