College Sex Talk

Real people real answers

Discussions

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Quotes about rape

“You save yourself or you remain Unsaved.”
“They are all innocent until proven guilty. But not me. I am a liar until I am proven honest.”
“I just want to sleep. A coma would be nice. Or amnesia. Anything, just to get rid of this, these thoughts, whispers in my mind. Did he rape my head, too?”
“The power of the harasser, the abuser, the rapist depends above all on the silence of women.”

“In order to escape accountability for his crimes, the perpetrator does everything in his power to promote forgetting. If secrecy fails, the perpetrator attacks the credibility of his victim. If he cannot silence her absolutely, he tries to make sure no one listens.” ― Judith Lewis Herman

“The silence was killing me. And that's all there ever was. Silence. It was all I knew. Keep quiet. Pretend nothing had happened, that nothing was wrong. And look how well that was turning out.” ― J. Lynn

"I was a rape victim before I knew what sex was. I was beaten and stabbed by someone who was supposed to be a father. What's worse than my body taken from me was my peace of mind. My ability to trust and to feel. I felt gross and worthless before I got help"-Me
I hope if there's any victim reading this out there that you have the courage to get help and save yourself. Never worry about who you may lose or who may not believe you. The peace of mind you gain is better than anyone trying to bring you down. Stay strong, you can get through this.

"I was drunk. I was in a dangerous situation. But I wasn't raped that night because that guy wasn't a rapist." .. "Even though I was passed out and dressed provocatively, I wasn't raped because there were no rapists on the subway." .. "Dangerous situations don't cause rape. Skimpy clothes don't cause rape. Alcohol doesn't cause rape. Drugs don't cause rape. The only thing that causes rape is a rapist."

“Rape is one of the most terrible crimes on earth and it happens every few minutes. The problem with groups who deal with rape is that they try to educate women about how to defend themselves. What really needs to be done is teaching men not to rape. Go to the source and start there.”
― Kurt Cobain

Here is a Poem written by an Anonomyus victim:
"I think back to when it happened,
think back to that awful day.
The day when it all happened,
the day he took "it" away."
- anonomyus user skinny_cow

"He walked out... with his belly sticking out, no pants on, shrimp cocktail in one hand and he was furiously masturbating in the other. And before I literally could even figure out where to escape or where to look, he ejaculated."
- Actress Oliva Munn on Director Brett Ratner
This quote really stuck with me because it shows how hard it is to speak up when it is someone you know and especially when it is someone in a position of power.

“[Referring to rape] It already is bigger than everything else. It lives in front of me, behind me, next to me, inside me every single day. My schedule is dictated by it, my habits by it, my music by it.”
― Daisy Whitney, The Mockingbirds

"We must send a message across the world that there is no disgrace in being a survivor of sexual violence - The shame is on the agressor." - Angelina Jolie

“People may not realize the damage that they are doing by placing the blame on the victim ~ but that doesn't lessen the damage that they cause by doing it.” ― Darlene Ouimet

“Everyone heals in their own time and in their own way. The path isn't always a straight line, and you don't need to go it alone.” ― Zeke Thomas

“Because I questioned myself and my sanity and what I was doing wrong in this situation. Because of course I feared that I might be overreacting, overemotional, oversensitive, weak, playing victim, crying wolf, blowing things out of proportion, making things up. Because generations of women have heard that they're irrational, melodramatic, neurotic, hysterical, hormonal, psycho, fragile, and bossy. Because girls are coached out of he womb to be non-confrontational, agreeable, solicitous, deferential, demure, nurturing, to be tuned in to others, and to shrink and shut up.” ― Roxane Gay, Not That Bad: Dispatches from Rape Culture

"I'll be damned if somebody's gonna say that every creatively intelligent thing I ever did is all boiled down to one dickhead that did that to me."- Lady Gaga

"No women has to be the victim of physical abuse. Women have to feel like they are not alone." - Salma Hayek

Follow us on social media: 

Check out my book:

Sex lives of college students book cover